So, I know it has been quite some time since I posted here. Sigh. Life has been crazy (Christmas, family vacations, the flu, plus so much more!), and the little time that I have had I have spent on other pursuits besides posting on my blog. Hopefully I will be back soon. I have several posts half-finished, so either this week or early next you should start hearing from me more regularly again.
I wanted to touch base with you though because I have a couple quick things you should know about:
- February 14th-15th (that’s tomorrow and Thursday for those of you without a calendar in front of you) Teachers Pay Teachers is having a big sale. My store (as well as many other stores) will be 25% off. It is a great time to stock up on resources! Don’t forget to use the code (XOXO) during checkout!
- In honor of the sale, I have a $10 gift card to give away. The first person to tell me one thing from my store that you would like to purchase with said gift card wins! Contact me either in the comments section below or through the “Contact” link at the top of the page. (Don’t forget to give me your email address so I can send the gift card!)
One last thing…I don’t have time to get you a recipe right now, but I highly encourage you to try this one: Aunty’s Rice Salad from a blog I follow called The Kitchen’s Garden. It is just fabulous. As you can see in the comments section of that blog, I made a few slight alterations based on what I had in the house and my whole family loved it. (There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original either–I just didn’t want to wait for a trip to the grocery store to make it!) The recipe, the original or my version, is super simple! Here is what I changed:
- I made a double batch so we would have leftovers.
- I used about half and half lemons and limes, added peas, used toasted sunflower seeds and almonds, LOTS of garlic and a little bit of hot pepper flakes.
- I did not put in any vinegar or honey.
- I also added some chopped hard boiled eggs for extra protein because I served it as our main dish instead of a side.
- I also served it warm because my husband is not a huge fan of cold main dishes.
If you make this, I’d love to hear how it turns out!
Have a great day, and…
P.S. One of the things I have been working on instead of my blog is a new set of lessons on sentence diagramming. It is an ongoing project, but if you would like to see what I have so far, click here!